Sunday, April 13, 2014

Early Days

Still doing well, still feeling motivated. I woke up with a bit of a hangover this morning--successfully went to a party without eating too much, but maybe I could have eaten more! Was feeling really anxious, especially when I realized that I had left my debit card in an ATM machine. Also waiting to hear from a landlord on whether or not I get an apartment, and while I want it, it's always scary writing those giant checks. ANYWAY--got up, took Keema for a run to the dog park, and felt a LOT better. We then had a kind of "lazy" Sunday at home, it was fun! Keema was pooped, anyway.

I love when she does this silly droopy face.

I say "lazy" in quotes, because I proceeded to do some major cooking. Made a very mediocre quinoa salad with fried leeks, grated carrots and some dressing--I will punch it up later with cranberries and feta. Then made a chicken/tomato/lime/cilantro soup, which is pretty good with some yogurt mixed in. I might add black beans to beef it up a little, because I'm still feeling kind of hungry.

I then made two green smoothies! I'm set for most lunches and dinners this week already. Woo hoo.

Three stars for today! Ate well, drank lots of water (and no alcohol), and worked out. I am also proud of the cooking prep I did, although I don't think I could have done that much if I had had to do ANYTHING else today. Ha.

I actually did have one more thing to do--make a bag for an Etsy order. I'm very happy with how it came out, and I cut the fabric for two more Dopp kits while I was at it.


All in all, a very healthy and productive day. Yesterday wasn't too bad either--definitely a good eating day, didn't work out because I was sore, but did well at the party (other than a little too much to drink).

The best part--I think the exercise is really helping with my mood. I felt great today, not too tired (yesterday felt exhausted had to take two naps!) and even had to call my ex and that went fine. I had zero bad feelings.

Hope these good feelings can stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment